Tuesday, October 4, 2011

October 4

Bed 5 has been planted out with the pieces of 3kg of potatoes I bought (for $3 a while ago). Byron and Jasmine had fun helping me out, dropping the bits into the holes. The rhubarb I replanted just died, but the original rhubarb seems to have come up again!


Today, I took the trailer to Gillies St. and loaded it up with cut Lake Weed. I don't know what it's like for mulch, but it's free! I covered beds 3 and 4 (the pots with some seedlings are between 1 and 3 there) and the rest of the Lake Weed is at the end of bed 5. Don't know if I'll mulch the potatoes... Might mulch the strawberries, though.

1 comment:

  1. And looks like it was a nice day for working in the garden too. I hope your veggie crop comes up nicely. It would be nice for B and J to see the whole process through to edibility.

    ReplyDelete